2016年9月27日 星期二

LibreOffice Conference 2016


This year LibreOffice Conference 2016 was held again (yes, again) in Brno.  I said "again" because that two years before I also went to Brno for Akademy 2014.  But Brno is a cute city (more like a town to me) and I like there very much, and this year we had three people going there together.

The scene in Praha and Brno kept making me recall my memory, like the train station and locked restrooms.



In the morning of the community workshop I planned to go to the city center around Brno train station with my partners Jeff Huang and Mark Hung.  However I met Italo in the hall of the hotel and he asked me if I would like to attend the certification meeting.  It was my honor and I was happy to, so I  kicked my partners out and attended the meeting.

Certification Meeting

In the meeting Italo mentioned that the ODF/LibreOffice migration in Taiwan is important because it proves that ODF/LibreOffice is not only suitable to European and American countries.  We also talked about some important issues like to make trainer's certification more localized, and to make sure that being a TDF member is NOT a need to apply for certification.

This year the venue was very beautiful.  Actually it is the most beautiful venue among all the conferences I have ever attended.

The venue of LibreOffice Conference 2016

In the welcome party we met friends from Japan, Naruhiko and Shinji.  But poor Naru spent some day in the hospital... Fortunately he is okay eventually.

Jeff, Mark, Shinji and Naruhiko

This year I gave two talks.  One is about the LibreOffice macros.  I told people how I found the documents and then realized that we need some more tutorials which are appropriate for newbie macro coders.

My first talk

My second talk was still about the progress of ODF/LibreOffice migration in Taiwan.  Since my presentation last year more and more city/county governments started their training courses and communication phases.

My second talk

ODF migration map in Taiwan

The most exciting thing in this conference for me was that Italo showed this slide:


Our hard work of promoting and migrating ODF in Taiwan was seen in the world.  I hope that in a few years the migration map can be all green, and the world can see that ODF and LibreOffice are the most appropriate choices.

So, I'll keep going my work on this, and wish I can give you more good news in Rome next year!


沒有留言:

張貼留言